Chances are if you have a job or you’re looking for a job you’ve used LinkedIn. It’s a social network that helps you connect professionally and you’re entirely in control of the information you publish to your profile.
How to Remove Information from LinkedIn
If you find that too much of your personal information is exposed on LinkedIn you have two options:
Delete your LinkedIn account:
- To delete your account, move your cursor over your photo in the top right of your homepage and select Privacy & Settings. You may be prompted to sign in to your account again to get to your settings.
- Click the Account side tab next to the shield icon near the bottom left of the page.
- Under the Helpful Links section select Close your account.
Manage your privacy settings
- Scroll over your photo in the top right of your LinkedIn homepage and select Privacy & Settings.
- Click the Profile tab next to the shield icon (at the bottom left of the page).
- Under the Privacy Controls section go over each option and choose what information you’d like to share and with whom you’d like to share information with on LinkedIn.
A websites Terms of Service sometimes allows for one to get his or her name off the site. This is referred to as a TOS removal. You can view LinkedIn’s TOS here to see if it will help you get your personal information removed off LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Opt Out
For more information on how to close your LinkedIn account visit https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/63/closing-your-account?lang=en